MAPLE MUSTARD CARROTS
- 1 pound peeled carrots, sliced diagonally into ¼ inch thick slices
- 2 tbsps pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp Colman’s Prepared Mustard
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or parsley, optional
1. In large saucepan, combine the water, carrots, maple syrup and salt. Cover and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
2. Uncover and cook over high heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender and only a small amount of liquid remains in the pan.
3. Stir in the Colman’s Prepared Mustard and butter. Stir until well coated and carrots are tender. Garnish with herbs before serving.
TANGY MUSTARD-CRUSTED STEAK FRIES
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, about 1 ½ pounds
- 6 shallots, peeled and left whole
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Colman’s Original Prepared Mustard
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Halve the potatoes and cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges. Spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray.
2. Toss together the potatoes, shallots, oil, Colman’s Original Prepared Mustard, cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Spread the potato mixture in a single layer into the roasting pan, placing potatoes cut side down. Roast until the bottoms of the potatoes are crisp and golden, 15 – 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes with a metal spatula and roast until tender and crisp on the other side, 10 – 15 minutes longer.